There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of recreational waters. Follow safe swimming practices along with social distancing and everyday preventative actions to protect yourself.
Atlantic Aquatics Academy will continue to stress the importance and support the prevention of the spread of Covid-19 through the following supported health official recommendations:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your elbow; throw the tissue in the trash, and wash your hands.
- Encourage instructors who are in the water to wear face coverings.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Increase ventilation in any indoor areas by opening windows and doors.
- Encourage staff, patrons, and swimmers to stay home if they do not feel well, tested positive for COVID-19, or were exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Modify layouts and arrangements of chairs, tables, and entry/exit areas to keep people who do not live together 6 feet apart.
- For more recommendations from the CDC visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/parks-rec/aquatic-venues.html